Some of you already know, but for those of you who don't I wanted to let you know why the blog has been so quiet.
About 2 weeks ago I did something to my back and I started having severe pain in my leg. It got so bad that I was unable to walk & had to call 911 to come and take me to the hospital.
After being admitted to the hospital we found out that I had a herniated/bulging disk and it was pressing on the nerve so hard that it was making my left side have spasms, pain, and weakness so much so that I was unable to stand or walk.
I was in the hospital 8 days getting MRI's, therapy, and epidural injections of steroids. Nothing seemed to be working, but they really couldn't keep me much longer, so they sent me home w/ a huge stack of prescriptions.
We are hoping to get in home physical therapy. (My insurance is in the "deciding" stage - so please pray!!)
In about a week, I'll go back for another epidural procedure to see again if that can relieve any of the pain.
If these procedures and therapies do not work, we may be looking at surgery. I am still unable to walk at this point, and am still in quite a bit of pain.
Please pray for me, the doctors, and the insurance folks. We are just so unsure what to do at this point. All I know is, that I am very tired of not being able to walk, tired of being in pain, & tired of not being able to get up & play with Anne Marie.
I am doing ok though...I have a GREAT husband, a GREAT family, and a GREAT group of friends.....they have been so amazing helping me with Anne Marie, helping my family w/ meals, helping me do my therapy exercises, even helping me get to the bathroom (we wont go there!!!).
Hopefully soon I'll be able to post pictures of Anne Marie again!!
Cluttered
18 hours ago




6 comments:
Mel,
I'm sorry hon...I will pray that you are better soon. Hang in there - maybe surgery is the best answer to get long term relief? I have known a couple of people that have had to have surgery for that..it seems to have helped them.
xoxo
Jode
Whoa, sounds rough. I was wondering how you all were doing because of it being awhile since you blogged.
Hoping you feel better SOON!
Melissa,
Yikes... we certainly know what you are going through! We will be praying. I am so sad to hear you had to miss the reunion. Robert is FINALLY doing better after his surgery and we think his nerve pain is subsiding. SO... praises! My heart goes out to you... I can only imagine how hard it is to keep up with Anne Marie when you are in so much pain. Hang in there!
Oh my goodness! So sorry to read about your pain. I wish that we lived closer to join in the efforts to keep your family moving smoothly, but it sounds like you are amazingly blessed. I'll be praying that the doctors find a solution for you soon!
Please, please let us know if there is anything we can do to help - if there's an evening when you don't have a meal prepared or something or need your laundry done. BTW, you need to send me your new email address! =) We'll be praying!
Holly P.
We are praying for you!! We want you to be feeling back to normal!!
Post a Comment