Thursday, May 28, 2009

Beach Day #6

1st off we want to give a big "shout-out" to our Dads that could not be here with us today! (and Mira & Emerson's Big Brothers!!!) :o(
They are home, hard at work & school right now, and we MISS them!! We love you & can't wait to see you again on Friday!!


Today was a very "iffy" day to start. When we 1st got ready to hit the beach it was quite cloudy, and sprinkling a little bit. We decided it looked like it might pass through, so we headed out anyway, and this is what we saw when we crossed the dunes.....
This is not even a good shot of the huge waves that were rolling in. There were quite a few surfers out there today due to the high waves.

Well, we decided that it would be good to let the kids "get their ants out" -- after a very rough & whiny day yesterday, so we unpacked & told them to play for a bit.

Anne Marie wasted no time -- if you remember last year, she was out in the water on days like this w/ Mike and not scared on bit. Well, he's not here, so I was not interested in taking her too far out, but she had to at least get her feet wet.......



She LOVED it!! The big waves, and grey clouds didn't dampen her spirit one bit.

The rest of the time was spent playing in the sand, digging holes again, and playing with the sticks they found where we were sitting. How little it takes to make toddlers happy!

Mira & Anne Marie making "chocolate milkshakes" (so they said - I wasn't up for tasting one)

Our two cuties!

The ever-so-awesome sticks that were found! (They're swords, so it seems)
And a BIG P.S. -- the sun did come out (about 1 hour before we left) and in case you ever need to know, you MUST put sunblock on EVEN if it's raining & cloudy --- because YOU WILL BURN!!!! OUCH!!!! My friend Robin told me so, but I just couldn't imagine it w/ the weather the way it was today ---OOOOHHHHHHHH my arms & face & legs are SOOO red. (I had sunglasses on, so I will say that I would give any raccoon a run for it's money right now in a look-a-like contest!!! Thank goodness that I put sun-bock on Anne Marie just in case !!!)

3 comments:

Jen said...

I am sooooo loving all the pictures!! You have been so diligent in recording your vacation! I love the picture of Anne Marie and Mira...they are so precious!

Ginny Hartzler said...

Today's pictures really show just how beautiful those children are. They are the best yet. Taking your computer to the beach is a good thing, as Martha would say!

ShortandSweet said...

Well Melinda, I hope you aren't too burnt today...no fun being in pain at the beach! Loving the pictures!
Love you guys!!