Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Kite Flying Celebration

This past Sunday some of our Church Families got together in a local park to fly kites together. It's been *HOT* (and I mean HOT) here last week. 90deg weather for multiple days in a row. So we grabbed our very cool dragon kite that Grandma & Grandpa gave us for Chinese New Year, and got ready to fly.

Well, it was so hot & the wind was so calm that the kites didn't fly very well. But, we had fun anyway. We tried for a while -- and most parents were the ones out there running around with the kites instead of the kids, but it was still fun. I just hope the weather stays warm, and maybe one day the wind will pick up a little so we can try again!

"Cool Cat" ready to fly her kite.

Our friend Morgan w/ a really BIG kite

Our friend Elsie's daddy trying to get her barbie kite going -- do you think he'll appreciate me posting this one?? haaa!

Mike getting Anne Marie ready - waiting for the next big breeze.

Anne Marie's kite in action.

Some of the adults taking a break - boy did I tell you it was hot??

Even the Dandelions needed a little help blowing around!

So proud of her dragon kite.

Taking a break -- Oh -- didn't you know that sometimes dogs make good lounge chairs?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a BIG dog!

Kristi said...

Very cool kite Miss Anne Marie! She looks like such a little model holding it. And OH My Goodness that is a HUGE dog!

Ginny Hartzler said...

We love this post! What great pictures!! I don't think I've ever seen that kite unfurled-it looks pink? Pretty kite for an even prettier girl