On 2/5 we celebrated Anne Marie's Adoption Day with our families at our house. We ordered Chinese food (she LOVES it) and since it was still Chinese New Year I made the girls little red envelopes with money and candy in them. Mike's mom brought chocolate covered fortune cookies (YUM!) I attempted to make sugar cookies w/ the word "love" written in Chinese on them.
While we were in China we bought Anne Marie 18 little gifts to give her for the next 18 Adoption Days. This year we gave her a little cloisonne bracelet. She's been asking to wear it every day since. Mike's parents also bought her a dragon kite. She loves kites -- and can't wait until we can get together with them to go fly the kite (believe it or not, the weather has been so nice the last week that we might try to do it soon -- crazy weather -- one week we get ice, one snow & the next it's in the 60's)
Cluttered
18 hours ago




5 comments:
Your cookies turned out really cute! I love that you celebrate this day...such a wonderful tradition to share with Anne Marie!
The 18 gifts was an amazing idea. And I just love that you are keeping her connected to her heritage. She will grow up to be such a proud Chinese-American woman.
i really like the dress Anne Marie is wearing! She is beautiful in blue!
Wow, I'm impressed with your cookies (and wondering why the heck I didn't think of such a thing ~ there's always next year...)
Anne Marie looks so proud of her bracelet!
did you get to fly the kite? I love kites and i bet this one is pretty cool!!
Post a Comment