Thursday, January 15, 2009

Pre-Chrismtas Activities


The next few posts are going to be all collage pictures --- it makes it easier to share many pictures and it makes it easier to post -- so just for the Christmas posts I'm going to set the pictures up this way... just click on any collage and you can see the pictures up close -- and there are some cute ones!!
  • We made reindeer shirts (from Anne Marie's feet & hands -- it was SOOOO cute!)

  • We let Anne Marie get a special Christmas decoration - she fell in LOVE with the little topiary reindeer - she wanted to keep it in her room & play with it!! She was very sad when we decided to add it to our outdoor collection on the table with the outside tree.

  • We went to Grandma & Grandpa's to help decorate their tree.

  • We had cousin Naomi over to take Christmas pictures with her.

  • We bought an Advent calendar and loaded it with Hershey kisses & little gifts like finger puppets & hair-bows & such ... she just loved it. It had the nativity at top & she just loved talking about Joseph & Mary & baby Jesus!!

  • We hand made all our family ornaments...she had too much fun with that!!!

  • We colored & made our own nativity scene.
There was so much more, but with being back-logged so much I thought I'd try to condense some of it into a quick little post. All I know is we had a lot of fun getting ready for Christmas!!

4 comments:

Ally said...

Melissa she is just so darn cute!! Her hair looks great, I guess you able to hide the "incident" good. Looks like you all had a great Christmas. Thank you for sharing!

Kristi said...

What a great idea making the reindeer shirt! We made ornaments for Grandmas out of craft foam, but it never crossed my mind to make a shirt...
By the way, how do you make a collage? I really should do that sometimes!

Cindy M said...

Each of my three older kids has a frameable reindeer like that made in kindergarten. I'm waiting to make Caroline's at the same age...but the shirt is a GREAT idea! It's absolutely adorable. I might have to try that next year.

And, I second that...what do you use for your collage program??

Our Journey said...

Kristi & Cindy,

I use Picasa -- it's a free downloadable (is that a word?) program that I found from a friend (I think you can google it) and it lets you store your pictures, make changes/adjustments & collages -- then you can save them to your own files on your computer & download them!! It's kind of fun. Mike's mom even printed one out & framed it -- it was cute!! p.s. Kristi-- if you hop over to Ally's website you can see a link to be able to buy her beanies & bows!!! Sooo cute!!