Monday, January 26, 2009

Happy Chinese New Year.......


....or Happy Spring Festival..... or Gung Hay Fat Choy..... or Xin Nian Kuai Le!

I have been researching all things Chinese New Year, and have come across so many things about it & what you're supposed to say, so at this point I'm just using them all!!

Saturday we went to dinner at a local Chinese restaurant with our local adoption group. It was so sweet to see all the kids together..... I took a great picture (which Anne Marie REFUSED to be part of) with the kids in their outfits. Then they made dragon masks (see picture above) -- And there were a few new couples to our group & a few new girls that have been brought together with their forever families since our last group get-together. Can I just tell you how much it tugs on my heart when I see these new little ones!!!!


We are having a fun get together next week with some of the families for activities for the kids, so we're looking forward to that as well!!


Happy New Year to all our China friends!!!!

4 comments:

Ian said...

That's a very cute little dragon you have there!

Kristi said...

Aargh, I just figured out that I commented on several blogs under Ian's name. (I didn't realize he had logged in on my computer to check his gmail account). I'm sure there are several people in blog land scratching their heads wondering who Ian is...

Ally said...

Happy Chinese New Year!! Looks like a lot of fun. I know that tug to well...

Anonymous said...

Aw, I can't make the set of pictures bigger.

How did the restaurant react to your little gaggle of kids?