We got the most awaited phone call of our lives. I can hardly believe that it's been 2 years since that call. I remember shaking so hard that I could not write down half of the information that they were giving me - I remember her giving details about her sweet face & tiny little bit of hair on her head - I remember feeling love for this child that I had never met or seen.
I also remember feeling like I was going to NEVER make the 1-day wait to see this child's face as they were sending her file and pictures over-night mail.
What an amazing thing - becoming parents, no matter how you "meet" your child, it's the most amazing feeling you can ever experience. I thank God that he brought this child into our family, and cherish all our yesterday's, today's, and look forward to our tomorrows.
Happy Referral day to all our "China friends"!!! We're thinking of you all today!!

Then
Now




5 comments:
Okay...I just want to cry!!! What a wonderful family you have become...Anne Marie was absolutely hand picked by God to be your child! What a little young lady she is becoming!
Happy Referral Anniversary Day!
God does the coolest, most amazing things!
I remember how my hands were shaking, too, as I wrote down the information on this tiny little Post-It note that I kept later as a memento!
Happy Referral Day to you too! I know you are celebrating with such happiness and joy. She is so beautiful!
Happy referral day!
I'm late but wanted to say Happy Referral Day!
God and His perfect plans! :) Isn't it wonderful!
Such a beautiful little girl you have!
Post a Comment