Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween Happenings

This past week we've been "Everything Halloween". We saved our pumpkin from the patch until this past week when Daddy had the time to sit down with Anne Marie and help her carve her pumpkin.

We also were invited to a Halloween party this past weekend. Not only did kids dress up, but adults were supposed to as well. We had a blast!
I know I've said it before, but just in case you missed it, I have some VERY talented friends in my life. We borrowed a costume from our friend Avery (the one that she wore last year). Her mom Jenn made it -- and it could not be cuter!!! Anne Marie is a doll in it. It's a kitty costume. So, it only made sense for Mike and I to dress as mice. We just dressed in all grey and I sewed tails for us and made little ears for us to wear. Anne Marie thought it was just a hoot.

Then, Halloween night we went to our Church's annual Trunk-or-Treat -- my sister and niece joined us. It's such a great way for the kids to have a safe night, with no scary costumes or decorations, and to be around the loving friends at Church.
Helping clean the pumpkin - she didn't want to touch it!!




Helping Daddy clean & carve her pumpkin

Finally ready to light!

A cute cat & two very big mice!!



Two very cute girls - a kitty & butterfly
(Avery's mommy also made her costume this year too!)
(I told you she was talented!)


Our adorable Kitty!!

Mike & our friend Molly teaming up for the "mummy-roll"
Our friends Curious George & The Man in the Yellow Hat

More fun w/ the mummy roll & a beautiful fairy!
Again, I told you my friends (Heather) are talented -- this is a CAKE!!

Having fun w/ cousin Naomi Halloween night @ our church Trunk or Treat

We headed over to Grandma & Grandpa's house so they could see our cute little kitty! Grandma had special treats waiting for Anne Marie. She made spider & ladybug cupcakes for a treat & a bag full of stickers (Anne Marie's favorite thing!!) How cute are those cupcakes?


And to all a Happy Halloween Night (in my oh-too-cute Halloween jammies!!)

2 comments:

Gracie's Journey said...

I LOVE what you've done with your blog!! Did you do that yourself?? Oh, teach me how.

Anne Marie is SO cute! Joyce

Kristi said...

Anne Marie is the cutest kitty cat I've ever seen!