This past weekend we went to a local orchard for some apple picking. We've been trying to do this every year. It's so much fun. Then we bring them home and I either make applesauce, fried apples, pies, or just eat them.
This year, we ended up taking some friends with us...it's more fun that way. Before we went, I sat down and sewed a tote bag for Anne Marie to carry her own apples in. (It was big enough for her to carry, but would only hold a few apples, so it wouldn't be too heavy.) We made a tree with her thumb prints for little apples on it and I sewed it to the tote-bag. She was so proud of her little creation.
We bought about 12 lbs of apples -- and you can't forget the apple donuts -- YUM -- warm, just baked & crisp --- I don't even want to guess the calorie count in them ... but they are a MUST when you visit the orchard.
Cluttered
18 hours ago




4 comments:
Anne Marie is just so adorable! What a sweet face that child has...very cute tote bag...I know that she was so proud to have her own little bag!
Okay, Anne Marie's face with that first apple is priceless! She looks so proud of herself. By the way, I'm quite impressed with your tote bag making skills.
Go Martha Stewart! I think that tote bag should be added to the list of mommy of the year things you have done. The pictures are priceless. Looks like so much fun. I have always wanted to take the kids and do that.. maybe next year?
(((((HUGS))))) the Causey's
Hi, your daughter is precious. Ginny takes care of my granddaughter, Ella. I'm up in Virginia now spending time with her during October. She had spoken to me about you before as had David and Sabrina. She told me you had a blog and sent me the address. I follow the blog of another couple who adopted a little girl from China some time ago, and they have their application in for another, but it is a long wait, as I guess you know.
Thanks for sharing her with us...what a joy she must be.
Post a Comment