Thursday, September 25, 2008

Beach Trip

Ok -- so we're finally "organized" back at home after our beach vacation!! Now it's cold here today .. boohoo!

Well, I must say for those of you that hate "those people" that post 100 pictures of their family vacations -- skip this post. I think I took about 200 pictures while we were @ the beach. I've tried to keep the picture post to 20 pictures on this post so I didn't bore anyone, but we had such a good time, that I had a hard time picking. Mike's mom even made me make double copies of almost all the pictures I took because she couldn't decide which ones she wanted copies of.


Most of the days at the beach were beautiful, hot, and calm. However, there were a few days that the wind was strong and the sun only peeked out of the clouds. I will say that this beautiful child of ours let NOTHING get her down. We were on the beach EVERY SINGLE DAY. The rough surf didn't stop her. She would make us swim with her even when there wasn't another person on the beach. Even when it was one of "those kind of days" she found a way to find joy.

Don't you wish as adults we could have the outlook children have on life?!





2 family pictures taken @ the beach house before dinner in the evenings.

I had to post this picture. We thought it would be cute to take pictures of all 3 of our feet in the sand, and when we later looked back at the picture we noticed that a shell (while washed up by a wave I suppose) made a heart shape in the sand right next to our feet.




Enjoying a sunny day on the beach. I just love this picture of her.





This was her favorite thing to do all week. She would sit in the sand with one of us & let the waves come up and hit us & then jump up and laugh. It was so cute..... sometimes the waves got the best of her. (Notice the feet in the air?) But it never stopped her!





One night we got dressed up for dinner and then went out to the beach for "posed" pictures. I took so many of these it was hard deciding which ones to post.


When we were little kids my family used to get all the cousins together to take pictures like this. We would sit w/ our backs to the waves and mom or my aunts would take pictures as soon as the waves came up on us. I "talked" Mike into this ... Anne Marie had more fun than he did I think!

She made sand castles every day. We found a whole new set @ a CVS store at the beach for $1.75 since it was the end of the season... best purchase we made there!


Anne Marie "sharing" her sun hat with daddy.





One of the other things she enjoyed doing every day was searching for seashells and "pretty rocks". Every day we would take a walk and dig for a handful. We ended up having to weed through them all before we came home, but I think I'm going to make a little shadow box with some of her pictures and her shells she found.



This was one of those days that there was no-one on the beach except for us. She made us get right in the water like it was a "normal" day. She got hammered by the waves, but as you can see, she found it quite humorous.




Our last day on the beach! Sad to see it go, but it was a BEAUTIFUL day!!

5 comments:

Mr and Mrs Lorentzon said...

I just LOVE LOVE LOVE all of these pictures!

You are a GREAT photographer (although I must say you have one of the most photogenic little girls of all time!)

Looks like you all had a wonderful wonderful time - so happy for you!

Ally said...

Looks like you had a great time! Anne Marie is adorable. My favorite is the picture by the fence. Thank you for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I LOVED looking at all your pics! I love the ones of here in the dress by the fence. PRECIOUS!

Cindy M said...

LOVED photo #5...she is stunning!

Okay, do our girls look alike when they smile, or am I crazy? It makes me do a bit of a double take! We're going to have to get them together at some point for pictures! They may be quite the pair in combo!

Beach vacations are just simply the best...I am missing our Carolina vacations SO much! Looks like you had a great time! You got some really great shots!!!

Kristi said...

Only a daddy who really loves his baby would lay down in the sand and risk sand being washed up his shorts for such a great picture! Looks like you guys had a wonderful time!