Monday, May 12, 2008

Please Pray..

In the news today there is a report of a large (7.8 - 8.0) Earthquake in China. There are still reports coming in, however I have read that there are many deaths, building destruction, and injured citizens. There have also been sad reports of schools collapsing during school hours. It's so sad! The quake was centered in Sichuan Provence. Anne Marie is from Jiangxi. I've shown a map below for you to see. There have been reports that they could feel the quake all the way in Beijing!! You can see how far away that is!!




I have read that there are families that are either in that area waiting to meet their adopted children, or families that have just received referrals for children in that area. We do not know any of them personally, however as many of you know this country and these children are near and dear to my heart. So I ask that you pray today, pray for the families adopting, pray for the Chinese citizens that are trying to find help or that have lost loved ones.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just saw this on the news...trajic and heartbreaking...I will definately be praying...

Gracie's Journey said...

Thanks for the map. I looked all over the internet trying to find a map of where the quake was in relationship to our daughter's province. Hope you guys are doing well! Joyce