Our local center helps pregnant women with health needs & support during their pregnancy. I've always thought this is a wonderful idea, but never has it felt so close to my heart as this year. To think that maybe it might help one women decide to go through with their pregnancy and maybe even help create a "forever family" by adoption.
I was so glad we walked today and it was a nice little "work-out" -- which I am in desperate need of!!!! (haa)

Me, Anne Marie, Mom, Aunt Ashley, & Cousin Naomi - ready to walk -- Mike's taking our picture!
As it is the Saturday before mother's day, I was thinking how awesome it is that this is my very 1st mother's day -- with Anne Marie actually in my arms anyway. I can not put into words what I feel when I look at her. It's just amazing to watch this sweet child experience new things, say new words, explore her new world, share her sweet smile, and grab onto me with the understanding that I am here to care for her! My heart is so full, and I'm one of the luckiest mothers on earth that I am able to have this beautiful child in my life. I am so blessed that I am able to stay home with her and experience every single moment of every day.
Happy Mother's day to my Mom, Ginny (my mother-in-law), and all the NEW mothers out there, all waiting mothers - you're in our prayers, and all the other mothers that have been taking care of those little ones for years!! Enjoy a wonderful day tomorrow - it's well deserved.
Melissa & Mike & Anne Marie




1 comment:
The walk should have particular meaning for your whole family. Given that you adopted and your two sisters chose to raise their little girls when circumstances might have dictated otherwise. Thank God for all of those little girls. Thank you for walking. It was so good to see you all again!!!!
Holly
Post a Comment