


This weekend was Anne Marie's birthday party with our family. Mike thought that it would be funny if we did everything for her birthday in Hello Kitty since one of her referral pictures was her sitting in a Hello Kitty chair. Then, I actually found Hello Kitty b-day party supplies at our local K-Mart, so I went ahead and made Mike happy. (Even though I really wanted something else.)
It actually ended up being quite cute. A friend of mine makes cakes, so I gave her one of the plates and she made a cake for Anne -- it was really cute. It also ended up that the birthday dress my mother bought her MANY months ago matched the party decorations as well. (Maybe it was meant to be after all -- Ha!)
We bought her a princess crown to wear on her birthday. She didn't leave it on a long time, but long enough for me to get a few pictures.
We gave her the "ever-so-popular" ball popper on her actual birthday (3/27) so for her party, she got the books we bought her, a few outfits, and her doll we bought in China. That's the picture of her giving her doll a *hug* -- this is a new thing for her. She will, ONCE IN A WHILE -- and I mean, once in a while, give hugs -- and most of the time she gives them to her doll or bunny. She will give her dad and I a hug when she's in a really good mood. (Usually in the morning.) I absolutely cherish those moments. (She also let us put a bow from one of her gifts in her hair -- it was so funny!)
She didn't really like digging in the cake much. She loved to eat it, but didn't seem very interested in getting her fingers dirty. How funny -- the one time that we want her to make a mess, and she didn't! (ha)
She received wonderful gifts from everyone, and she seemed to enjoy herself. I think it was a little overwhelming at a certain point, but she was able to take a nap, and all was "normal" again.
Wow! I just can not believe that our little girl is 1 !!! I was not sure that this time in my life would ever come. Over a year ago I remember sitting here wondering if I was crazy or it God was making me wait for a good reason! I must say now, it was for a GREAT reason ..... I can not imagine my life without her, and I can not imagine any other child than her in my life -- God had the perfect child picked for us, and I must say it's an amazing feeling to think about that!!!
Melissa & Mike & Anne Marie




2 comments:
I understand on the hugs ~ I'd move heaven and earth to get one too! And I'm with you on understanding "why this incredibly long wait?" Isn't God's choice on family making incredible?
Kristi
Travel group 121 ~ family #20 (Guangdong)
Was Auntie Diane responsible for that crown? I'll bet she was! =)
Holly
Post a Comment