Friday, January 12, 2007

Getting Closer .....

Ok -- today we received an e-mail stating that the CCAA finally sent in our travel approval from China.

This gives our agency permission to request an appointment with the Chinese Consulate (which is where we will be able to sign the legal paperwork to adopt Anne Marie). We will not find out when we'll be able to get this appointment until sometime next week. We are still a little worried about getting this appointment before Chinese New Year starts. From what we've heard the government will start their official time off for CNY around 2/15. I'm hoping that we can, but we hear the appointments are getting filled up FAST!

Our agency says that if they are able to get our appointment quickly, we should (and they stressed the word possibly in their e-mail) possibly be able to leave by January 25 !! WOOO HOO -- that's only 13 days away!! Well, I know what we'll be doing the next 2 weekends!! Packing, Packing, Packing!

Just pray that we'll get the appointment and travel plans all squared away! As Mike says,
"remember Melissa, all in God's time". God has reasons for the way he times things, we know, I guess I'm just getting anxious!

I just can't believe that it's finally here!! Just a couple weeks and we'll finally get to hold our sweet little girl!!

Melissa & Mike

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Melissa & Mike, We have really enjoyed your info and all the pictures on the blog. I was sorry I couldn't get to your shower but it looks like it was a great time for all of you. I am very anxious to see the quilt, but more anxious to see your little Anne Marie. You are still in our prayers and certainly hope Jan. 25 works out for you!! God truly is good and his timing is best. That is so easy to say when you have the ability to look back! I am going to share your blog with friends we have here who are adopting from China. They are only one year into their process. They have one daughter who is in 8th grade.

We really appreciate you keeping us informed. We're waiting to hear. I've asked Jennifer and Meg to pray for you as well.

Love, Ted and Susie