Today, we headed to Maine. I wanted to see a few lighthouses, so we decided to stay in Maine for a couple of days. We found a cute bed & breakfast online and decided to book a couple night there. It was in Kennebunkport. Now, I don't know if you know anything about the area ... because we sure didn't but here's a little information...........
They have GREAT food. Seafood that is. We grabbed lunch (a lobster roll & fresh fried clams). Alot of their dining places are over the harbor area and it's a fun place to sit outside, enjoy the view & some yummy food and drinks. (The weather was warm to cool, so it was GREAT to be able to sit outside without sweating half to death like we had been the beginning part of the week.)
They have beautiful bed & breakfasts. (Why have I not taken a picture of the front of the house? Good question -- that is on the to-do-list tomorrow!) This bed & breakfast has beautiful grounds. With flower gardens & a small waterfall. Anne Marie was having so much fun just looking around.
They even have a cute little sitting/sun room for guests to come and sip on tea or coffee (or lemonade or hot chocolate) and eat yummy home-baked cookies! (4 different kinds mind you!!)
They even have cute little rooms in the "carriage-house" that has an extra small bedroom added on. Just perfect for a little 5 year old girl! So, off to bed we went after a long day of walking around town, buying maybe one really cute ring & one really cute bracelet from a VERY NICE lady (let me know if you're going to kennebunkport, I'll let you know who she is. She has items in her shop made by families in Bali and much of the money goes back to them & to help them w/ medical issues for their children!) waiting out a huge lightning/rain storm & and eating some yummy food.
I will say this, if I must be honest about Kennebunkport. The locals here are GREAT! Our innkeeper has been so sweet to us and very helpful. Our little waitress today was so pleasant. The lady that owned the shop - well, I could have talked to her all day. However -- some (SOME) of the vacationers here are, shall I say, very stressed out people. I can't tell you how many ugly words I heard today in public, nasty attitudes - and even a couple asked to be moved from their table when we came down to sit to eat. We're thinking based on what we heard it was because we had a "small child". I understand it's a "romantic" place here, w/ the bed & breakfasts and all. But let me tell you, this little 5 year old has been thrilled to be here - eating almost all my clamstrips, begging for more & ooohing over the boats & wildlife, plus, she's been very well behaved. We're hoping when we hit the beach tomorrow things will get a little better. (The nice lady @ the shop even told us we were "refreshing" to talk to. I'm not 100% sure, but I might know what she meant.)




3 comments:
Again, what great pictures! So you stayed in the carriage house and Anne had her own little room? And the cookies!!! Sounds like you picked the perfect place! How on earth did you find it? Say hi to Stephen King for me!!!
Sounds like a great place!! Loving all the pictures...you look great!!!
Oh Maine, how I miss thee...lobster rolls, frigid waters, and of course L.L. Bean!
Post a Comment