Saturday, April 16, 2011

Spring is in the Air

The Sunday after Anne Marie's birthday we were actually able to celebrate with friends and family.  It was not a big party, but both sets of grandparent's were able to come, my two sisters and their family - and I let 2 of Anne Marie's friends come along after Church with us as well.  My mom was nice enough to let us have it @ her house.  I wanted to have a little "theme" for her party, but I didn't plan on having a big party, so I came up with a cute little idea to make it fun for the girls, but simple for us.  "Spring is in the air".  

 Our girl (and baby Ling) ready for her party - with matching cupcake dresses.  (You gotta love TJMx and their oh-so-cute "me and my dolly" outfits for CHEAP!!)


The kites that Anne Marie made & decorated at home before her party.


The cupcakes.  Anne Marie helped decorate them (fun-fetti cupcakes of course) with sprinkles & pinwheel-tooth-picks on top!!

 I found a cute little craft for the girls to do....make/decorate your own pinwheel.  They loved it!!  I had enough for each of them to do a few and they went to town w/ stickers & crayons.



We then took them outside to "test" them out.  They did really well (and it helped that there was a little wind that day.  And girls willing to RUN all over the yard!!)


I got each of the girls a kite (and just take note : YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!! -- we bought cheap little (but cute) kites for a dollar-something ... well ... Anne Marie's didn't last the whole day, but they still had fun).




A couple of her gifts.  She got the little lamb from my sister and she LOVED it!  Her shirt was from her friend (and her mom obviously) she made it w/ a stencil .... it's the Chinese symbol for "Friends".  


What a wonderful party it was!  She's so lucky that she got to celebrate twice for her "Big #5!" .. and we're so blessed to have such wonderful family & friends!

3 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

You got GREAT pics!!!! How on earth did you ever have time to post this with all that's been going on today??

Jen H said...

LOVE the Zebra shoes! You are in trouble when she can no longer squeeze her feet into them!!

Kristi said...

Oh what a sweet party theme! Love that little dress! Happy 5th birthday (again) Anne Marie!