Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Snapshots of Easter

We basically had an "Easter-Weekend" .. it started Friday night with Naomi coming over & having an Easter-egg hunt in the back yard. Saturday we went down-town to a special Easter celebration and egg hunt they were having. Then, Sunday we went to Church - and were to have our little celebration with our family & Mike's family -- however during a little "spring cleaning" Mike and I were doing - I "accidentally" fell out of our attic, so we've put our family celebration off until later this week!
(I know---I am NOT the most graceful person...it's always something!!!)


On Friday -- the girls had a little egg hunt in the back yard. They had a blast ... I won't go into detail, but I will say that by the end of the hunt there was 1 egg left -- and they both saw it @ the SAME time!! Well, a race ensued & they reached it @ the EXACT same time...there were tears by the end...but it turned out ok. Competition is strong even @ 4 yrs old!


Saturday we went to the Easter celebrations downtown--there was a magic show, face-painting, games, snacks & another Easter egg-hunt. We were a little unprepared (we weren't sure if we were going or not until last minute), so we didn't have a basket ... Anne Marie used her cute little froggie purse...it served as a great basket! It was very crowded that day, so she had a hard time getting in there & getting eggs while there were so many kids running around...but our friend Molly & another little girl were very sweet & helped her get a few eggs!


Saturday night we colored eggs. Last year I had picked up an egg coloring kit (it was Hello Kitty) and it came with stickers & little egg holders...she LOVED IT!


My girl Easter Sunday!
Then, the rest of the day was spent on the couch (for me anyway), so I'm sure we'll have a belated celebration with Mike's parents later this week. Well, I am just thankful that I didn't break anything & I'm hoping that it heals quickly ... since this week is spring break & we're off for the whole week!!

4 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I am looking forward to hearing the LAST EGG story in detail when we talk next. That's a scream! It looks like the hunt took place at twilight. They have lighted eggs at Target this year. The pictures are great.

Kristi said...

"accidentally fell out of the attic?" Praise God you weren't seriously hurt!
Looks like you guys had a wonderful Easter. Anne Marie looks beautiful in her dress!

Ally said...

I am so glad you are A okay!!! Love the pictures and little Miss is just getting so big!!

Jen H said...

Love the dress!! :)