Saturday, March 6, 2010

A Very Special Weekend!

I'm trying to catch up with a few special posts of a few things that have been going on around here. February is a very busy month @ our house -- and I'm behind! 1st there is Anne Marie's Forever Family day, then there is my moms birthday, then Valentines day, then Mike's parents always celebrate their "welcome home day", then Chinese New Year, and then my birthday. Not to mention that it's a very busy time for my friends bakery -- and I've been busy helping her there...whew...I'm tired just typing it all!!!

A few weeks ago we were able to take a very special trip to visit some "China friends" during Chinese New Year. The town they live in is not too far of a drive for us, and they called us one today to inform us that another "China family" was going to be passing through their town one weekend. It JUST HAPPENED to be a weekend that a local mall in the area was having a Chinese New Year celebration. So, we packed our bags & headed out for a night stay.

The dragon parade and a Lion dance along with many other little performances were happening all over the mall that Saturday. It's so much fun to be able to take Anne Marie to these things so that she can celebrate her heritage.
(Except the fact that this year for some reason, she was afraid of the Lions)

Then, it was off to our friends house. The girls jumped right into the dress-up clothes and started playing. It's amazing how quickly they got comfortable with each other. And how sweet are these three together?!?!?!

Later that night, our guest informed us that the girls had an "appointment". Her sister owns a kids salon in the area, and the girls were going for a "spa treatment" - they got their nails painted, their toenails painted, and the hair-do's of princesses! WOW! How sweet was that?!?!?! I can't say thanks enough for making the girls feel soooooo special! What a SWEET sister she has!! The girls had a ball!!

Letting their nails dry - very carefully!

Then, it was on to the toes.....

And then the hair-dos'....curls .... how funny! I've never seen Anne Marie w/ curls ... it made me want to run out & get a curling iron ...she looked soooo sweet!!

And little princess tiaras to boot!

And don't forget the "fairy dust"...they LOVED that part!

My little princess!

All three girls -- along w/ a very special cousin! (Her mommy is the one that owns the salon..lucky girl!)

Thanks again guys for such a WONDERFUL weekend.... we're hoping to do it again soon!! We miss you guys already!!

2 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Great pictures!! I do wish I could see the back of her hair, were there many curls there? What special friends you have in your group!

Kristi said...

Aw, how cute. I totally recognize Arden and Mae! What a fun weekend you guys had. Makes me miss our Guangdong gang...