Sunday, December 6, 2009

Friday & Saturday Christmas Fun!

This past Friday was our Sunday School Christmas party. We asked Mike's parents to babysit so that we could have a little "night out" w/ the adults. They had a great evening planned - they even taped Frosty for her so they could watch it Friday night. A wonderful couple hosted at their beautiful home and we had a GREAT time. It's so nice to be able to connect with our Church family on a more personal level. We each brought a "fun" ornament to swap -- and well,we got the ornament from one of our very close friends - whom have quite a fun personality - I'll let the ornament speak for itself!! Heee :)

Then, as we slept Friday night.......

We woke up to this!! It was a beautiful snow! We were excited -- it was Saturday - Daddy was home and it was PERFECT snow-man-making-snow!! We had plans to go to our local Christmas parade down-town, but that was canceled, but that's ok -- we had our own fun w/ 6" of snow!

My snow beauty!

Tasting her 1st snow of the year! Yum!


Trying to catch a snow-flake.


Anne Marie getting the biggest snowball she could carry (and I think she did good) and throwing it at Daddy -- he was a good sport & made a "dramatic fall" for her!


I think we had as much fun outside as she did!

My two snow-angels


Then, it was time to make a snowman! This was so much fun, it's been a long time since I've made a snowman -- and the snow was that perfect fluffy, but wet snow...

All done!! She loved him, but she did ask if we were going to make a "snowgirl" because she didn't want just a "boy snowman"!


Then, it was time to go inside, get our wet clothes off & enjoy some hot soup & YUMMY hot cocoa w/ TONS of marshmallows!!!
What a GREAT day!! It was so much fun to stay at home with my family - no where to be - nothing to distract us - just fun family time - this is what the holiday's are supposed to be like!

4 comments:

Beverly said...

Perfect!

Jen H said...

Love it!!! I would love the snow to stick around!!

Kristi said...

I'm trying hard to not be jealous of your snowfall ~ and on a Saturday at that! What a wonderful day!

Ally said...

Melissa your pictures are just beautiful! and boy I am so stinking jealous we only got rain!