Every year on this day I make the same post .... remembering 3 years ago...the phone call...the moment we saw her face....I'm sure everyone is SOOOOO tired of it...but my heart bursts when I think of it...that moment when our family coordinator described her face, her personality, said her name... Ke Xiang ...I'll never forget it!
I can not forget that moment when Mike and I locked ourselves in my office at work & opened the Fed-Ex package together and saw that sweet little face, that bald head, those long beautiful fingers, those sweet little heart shaped lips...We didn't know whether to laugh, cry, or jump up and down, because our emotions were all over the place!!
Oh, how we love this child and wish that these last 3 years didn't seem like they were FLYING by! I want to soak up every minute of her! I am amazed at God's love for us -- that he has entrusted this sweet little thing in our care!
So, on this day, I again re-live those feelings, the joy, the excitement, the butterflies - and I remember the beautiful rainbow that was right over my office the moment that the Fed-Ex delivery truck pulled up --- coincidence? I think not!!




5 comments:
Amen!! God always has a plan...I am just so happy for you...life wouldn't be the same without Anne Marie!! Enjoy your day!
As another mom celebrating seeing a face for the first time that day, I'll never get tired of reliving it with you! Happy picture day!
I remember just not being able to wait till you showed us the pictures. And then us all sitting around the kitchen table and you opening them. Of course I burst into uncontrolable crying. A time of much stress and joy, unlike any other that will ever be in your life.
I, for one, am not tired of hearing about it! I remember following your blog and waiting for news and pictures and posts when you went to get her.
I hadn't thought of celebrating the day we got KayLi's referral...such a sweet idea! Thanks for sharing your memories with us.
Post a Comment