Well, today was a
very BIG day in our house! For two reasons...........
#1 - I drove today for the 1st day since my surgery!! WhoooHooo!! It's slow going...but I'm praising God that it's going in a positive direction!!!
#2 - It was Anne Marie's 1st day of school today! Oh, my little girl is growing up!

Good Morning sleepy-head! Anne Marie's main struggle regarding pre-school is the fact that she loves to sleep....12 hours a night....and if she doesn't get to bed by 8pm, we'll never make it!

She is also a slow eater, so, I made sure that I got her up in time and had breakfast already ready to go....today....oatmeal w/ fruit & milk & yogurt!

The sweetest thing she did this morning.... she came to me and said "Mommy, if you miss me today you can wear one of my ponnies (pony-tail holders) and you can think of me, just not the pink one, cause it's my favorite color." (I'll talk about the pink obsession in the house another day) This is something she did every time she came to see me in the hospital last month. I think it was her way of dealing w/ us being separated so much...and it touched my heart. So I told her that I had a better idea.... I said that we each would wear one of our bracelets from China and if we wanted to think of the other all we had to do was look at our bracelet and remember that the other had hers on too!

All ready to go in her apple-dress specially picked out for 1st day of school.

My eyes were tearing up a little as I walked behind her on the way to the van.
What a big girl she is!

We have been talking about school for days. We talked about how we need to listen to the teacher, how she needed to share & take turns talking, and even what type of things she might do during school time. She's been very excited, however once we got in the yard and I started to take her picture, all the parents were around taking pictures, and some kids started to cry, she started to worry....you can see it in her face in this picture I think. It didn't last long, but I think she was a little worried about what she was getting ready to do...........

Then, we got to her class room - she saw some of her friends, and her teachers (all of which go to our Church) and things were fine. She jumped in, opened her back-pack, shared her bear (she was supposed to bring a teddy-bear, however she brought her panda-bear, because they are from China like her) and she never looked back. I just stood there...wanting to watch all of it!
2 comments:
Oh my, didn't she look precious for her first day? It's so hard to let them go, isn't it?
I'm thrilled for you that she seemed as happy as she did. Her concern for you was touching too, must be a girl thing cause Kylie asked me but Caleb didn't seem to think about it...
Awh... Such a big day for her and you! She looks just beautiful:) Glad to see you blogging and feeling better.
Post a Comment