We drove to VMI with Mike's parents to celebrate the 4th of July. They always have a huge Hot-Air-Balloon festival, food, fun & fireworks.
So, we sat there as they were filling the balloons trying to figure out which one would be the one we would go in. There was 2 that were set for tethered rides, all the others were set to take a 30 minute ride over the city (much more expensive ticket!!) Anne Marie decided that "mommy, you and daddy need to go in the pink & purple one!!"
This was one of my favorite balloons, but it was taking the 30 minute ride!
This ended up being our balloon. (Anne Marie was very sad that we didn't get the pink & purple one, because as she said "pink is my favorite color") But I think w/ all the excitement she got over it fairly quick.
Mike and I just inside the balloon. The cute little "guide-man" (I don't know what you are officially supposed to call them) looked like Santa - he was so cute!! It ended up starting to rain as we were getting in, so he decided that we would be the last ride for him that day (whew!! I would have been so sad if we waited in line for an hour & didn't get to go!!)
This is us on our way UP (picture from Mike's moms camera)
This is from our view looking down over the crowd on our way up -- if you look right in the middle, behind the lady on the blanket, you'll see Mike's dad & Anne Marie in chairs waiving at us! It was a very cloudy picture -- but you can still see them.
This was our view (not up quite as high as the other) of the college.
Mike filming right after we landed back down. I told him I would LOVE to have one of the "real" 30 minute rides next year --- and maybe everyone could pitch in for my b-day and get me a ticket!!!
Mike and I just inside the balloon. The cute little "guide-man" (I don't know what you are officially supposed to call them) looked like Santa - he was so cute!! It ended up starting to rain as we were getting in, so he decided that we would be the last ride for him that day (whew!! I would have been so sad if we waited in line for an hour & didn't get to go!!)
This is us on our way UP (picture from Mike's moms camera)But as I stated, it started to rain, so we had to head home before the fire-works started -- I'm sure they were awesome, so next year, we'll try again!!




2 comments:
Maybe I shouldn't say this because it is so bittersweet, but she sure is growing up, isn't she?!?! She is getting to be such a big girl!!!
How exciting! I'm not sure I would be so brave, but I'm glad you enjoyed the ride!
Post a Comment