
It's that time of year again!! Strawberry season!! YUMO!!
We are set to head out for vacation in just a few days, but I couldn't pass up the big-fresh-red strawberries that were calling my name. I am OUT of jam! I just know that when we get back from vacation it will be near end of the season & they won't be as big-fresh-red & sweet as they are now. So, we headed out for an hour today to pick strawberries!



20lbs of strawberries that is.... now that will make a LOT of jam! Now, I just have to find the time to make jam before we leave!! Anne Marie was so excited to get out in the fields, she ran ahead of us w/ her empty box ready to pick!! She wanted a spot right next to Daddy.



Well, she lasted about 15 minutes. "Mommy, my hands are dirty", "I have dirt on the bottom of my crocks mommy", "I can't eat this strawberry mommy, it was on the ground & my hands are still dirty mommy!" Oh geeeezzz, when did my daughter become so high maintenance?? Well, she did end up having fun, especially when it was time to "check-out".


On the way out, after paying for 20lbs of strawberries we grabbed a cup of fresh-made-strawberry ice-cream. The farm makes it every day. Well, she didn't seem to care about her dirty hands (or crocks).
Now, it's time to wash, pure', freeze & EAT that big pile of strawberries!!
3 comments:
yum, this post makes my mouth water! Good luck getting your jam made before you head out...
Now I've got to locate a strawberry farm near me!
Love these photos, especially the ones with the beautiful Blue Ridge Mtns in the background! Nice contrast with the bright red strawberries! Those look SO yummy!
We are coming to Cville June 10 - July 10, so we are going to take Esther to pick raspberries and blueberries!
Yummy! We are going strawberry picking next week. Maybe you could share a blog post how you make your jam and store it???? Please!!!
Post a Comment