Saturday, May 30, 2009

New Fears & Beach Day #8

Today was a Beautiful - Hot - and Scary Day at the beach!! Why so scary -- well, two reasons. #1 - Flies--- Biting - Mean - Ugly - Flies!! If you've never encountered these creatures at the beach, just pray that you don't!! The day started GREAT. It was HOT today. The water was a beautiful shade of green, and the kids were very excited that the mommies actually wanted to get in the water with them. We had lunch, got back in the water again & went for a long walk looking for more sea-glass. Then, around 3'o'clock - FLIES.....Swarms of them...biting the heck out of all of us (Anne Marie still has 2 welts on her back this morning.) She is deathly afraid of flies now.... she sees a fly & starts to scream!!! *Understandably*

Below are some of the pictures I took before the flies came... I didn't have the camera out much today, because before that we were having so much fun & getting in the water so much that I didn't bring the camera out but one time.


Mira & her mommy in the water.

My "bohemian" girl (her pony-tails wouldn't stay in today) in the water



The kids worn-out from all the heat!!



Now, on to Fear #2 -- and this is all my fault!! As we were getting dinner ready, the kids were sitting out on the deck -- all the sudden we heard soft, happy, jingly music.... Robin and I looked at eat other & screamed "ice-cream-man"!!!!! We ran out on the deck to watch the truck turn down the other street, away from the house! BooHoo! We went back to getting the kids fed, but then........ we heard it again....... We ran on the deck again to see it coming down our road ----- Robin went out to wave at him to make sure he saw us. We started screaming "Let's Go!" "Get your shoes on!" "The ice-cream-man is here!!" Anne Marie had no clothes on (except undies) because we were eating pasta w/ red sauce & I didn't want to get her dress stained. So I'm also yelling "get your clothes on!" At this point I think I stressed this child to the max! I grabbed my camera & basically drug her out the front door to catch our ice-cream-man .... when.... "AHAHAHAHAHAHAA" Anne Marie had caught her hand in the door as I'm dragging her down the steps!! POOR GIRL!!!!! She's screaming "my hand!!!! Mommy!!! my hand!!!"
I felt soooooooo bad. I scooped her up and hugged her (as I'm still running towards the ice-cream-truck). She REFUSED to even go near the truck... she screamed louder the closer we got to him. He even said "poor little thing, she's so shy".... (Uh, no buddy, she's not shy, her mommy has just scared her for life!!) But, after a couple minutes & seeing all the pictures of ice-cream on the outside of the truck, she calmed down & picked an ice-cream ... (Yes, I did by the $3 ice-cream, I was not going to tell her no now!!)
As he left he said "we'll see you tomorrow" -- and Robin looked at me and said "oh, please, I hope he doesn't come back tomorrow!!" heeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

Robin and Emerson and Mira picking out their treats.

Anne Marie finally able to pick a treat... if you could zoom (I don't think it will?) you can still see the tears in her eyes.

Emerson & Mira enjoying their pops

Ok -- there's nothing that ice-cream won't make better. She was fine once he left & she tasted her yummy, creamy, tweety-bird ice-cream-pop w/ bubble-gum eyes.

YUMMMMYYYY!!!

1 comment:

Ally said...

what a day! but I must follow up with "a bad day at the beach is better than a day NOT at the beach!" right!!!