Saturday was a "hanging-out-family-day" at our house. Most of the day was spent going through fall/winter & spring/summer clothes. (Come back soon for a post on that MESS later).
Mike always tells me that he sees so much of me in Anne Marie. We always joke that God knew exactly what he was doing because this child has much of my personality. He's not the only one, my mom always laughs when we're around because she constantly is saying "you used to do that" or "that was you when you were little" or "you know how I felt now". It is amazing what wonderful plans our Father has for us if we're willing to follow his path, and we are so blessed to have this child, and I can not explain how much she just "fits" in our family.
But today, she was not her mother's child - she was daddy's shadow. I well up inside when I see the two of them interact sometimes. From the second we woke up today she asked for her dad. She went into our room to wake him up & ask him to fix "morning dinner". (That's what she calls breakfast!) She begged for bacon this morning ... what kid loves bacon? SHE DOES! And I think it might be one of Mike's favorite foods! Then, she found a blue hat in her clothes boxes and grabbed it, put it on & ran to daddy to say "I got a hat just like you dada!!" (He has a NY Yankees hat he wears all the time). Then I walked in on them laying on the bed just "chatting" with each other -- see the picture below -- Oh how sweet it was!! She even had her arms behind her head just like him. She may act like me, but aspires to be just like daddy!!
Cluttered
18 hours ago




3 comments:
That picture of the two of them on the bed is precious! Love how she mimics his arms! I've gotta go take a picture of my daddy/daughter combo sitting on the couch, munching Cheezits, watching the ACC tournament...
"2" cute!!! :o)
Hahaha! We totally have a picture of my dad and I laying on the bed like that when I was her age. Too funny!
Post a Comment