Friday, September 14, 2007

Growing up...

I sat here last night w/ tears in my eyes as I saw this little girl acting so grown up. A friend of ours gave Anne Marie a gift the other day -- a baby doll! Anne Marie has been OBSESSED with babies lately. Here's how it all started..


I have her referral picture framed in the living room & as my screen saver on my computer. (I think I should update that eh??) Anyway, not too long ago she learned to say the word baby (pronounced beeebeee). Well, every day I get the computer out to do a little work, she starts screaming beeebeee beeebeee!! She also runs up to the referral pictures we have framed & points & says beeebeee beeebee! Then by accident, our friends left her baby doll in our van. We ended up having the doll for about a week or so before we were able to give it back. Anne Marie fell in LOVE! So needless to say, when we had to give the doll back, she was not happy. But these very loving friends of ours showed up with a gift for Anne Marie a couple days later. A baby of her very own!!! She has become a little mother -- and I just can't stand it!! It's too cute for one thing & for another -- it shows she's growing up!!




Anne Marie "feeding" her baby a bottle.





Then, this past week Grandma "H" gave Anne Marie her very own pocketbook. Now, Anne Marie has a couple pocketbooks, but this one is SOOOO cute, and even came with it's very own little stuffed puppy dog in it. (Or as Anne Marie would say "woo woo" - this is what she says when she sees a dog). She carries it every where!

Too cool in her shades & w/her pocketbook!!

Wow how quick they grow up!! So many new things she does every day... You really have to look at the fact that she's watching everything you do & you don't even know it. How did she know to carry her purse on her arm like that, take the keys & run to the door, put the keys in the doorknob & say bye bye! We sat here in amazement last night as she held her baby, brought me a towel (from the stack I was folding) to wrap around her baby for a blanket -- cuddle & hold her & feed her the "bottle" (of water that is). I just hope that she only copies the good things we do -- haa haa!

1 comment:

Kristi said...

I'm feeling your pain on the "grown up" thing! And the photo of Anne Marie with sunglasses and her puppy purse is absolutely priceless!!!