Tuesday, June 5, 2007

A Family for 4 Months!!!!!

As we were sitting at the dinner table tonight having dinner as a family, Mike and I realized that today is June 5th ! It was 4 months ago (February 5th) when we were first able to take our little girl in our arms to love and care for her!! It actually brought tears to my eyes thinking back on the last four months. How special these thoughts were as tonight as our entire dinner time was filled with her wanting to give hugs and kisses every 5 seconds back and forth between her father and I. She would lean one way out of her high chair and lean towards me to hug and kiss, and then take a bite of food, then lean towards her father and repeat every 5 seconds for at least a half an hour!!! I have to say that we both probably received more hugs and kisses tonight than we have in the past 4 months! I just couldn't help but be brought to tears. This child has brought more joy to our lives than we could ever have imagined!!


Yesterday we took Anne Marie to a very special place that Mike and I share - Our Absolute Favorite Ice-Cream Shop!! The owners of the ice cream shop are members of our Church and last year their whole family became a huge support to our family, other families in our Church that are adopting, and the adoption ministry a few of us started in our Church. We have just been touched by them, more than they probably will know. She LOVED it!! (What child doesn't love ice cream??) She shared my blackberry ice cream AND daddy's dip cone! -- Of course we had to take the camera with us - you know I carry it in my handbag, because you just never know!!


Getting a taste of our favorite Ice Cream for the 1st time!!! YUM!!





Sitting outside after having a great treat -- can you see that smile?!?!

And finally -- the new hair-do .............. Can you stand how cute this child is with these little "sprouts" (as someone called them..) on top of her head.. hee heee

How cute is this hair ??

With Love,

Melissa & Mike & Anne Marie




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the hair! Too cute!
Holly